Systems and Storage Specialist, Asia Pacific
Location: Hong Kong, Central
Salary: HKD $30-33K per month
Company: International Law Firm
About The Company
A large multinational "Magic Circle" law firm.
The System and Storage Specialist will assist the System and Storage Manager with ensuring the operation of all Server Hardware (and VM), Systems infrastructure (OS), Storage and Messaging platforms for the Hub and assigned managed spoke offices.
The System and Storage Specialist will assist with the day-to-day monitoring and control of infrastructure for assigned hub and spokes; develop and implement processes in line with global standards where appropriate which meet the needs of the region.
The technical responsibilities of this role will include support (level 2 & 3), of all System and Storage related platforms including servers hardware, operating systems, SAN, VMWare, backup and restore infrastructure, Security, DR process and procedures, DR testing and enterprise systems.
Participate the incident management process in case of any P1 and/or P2 (Priority 1 and Priority 2) incident occurred.
2010 - present
2010 - present
• Provide 3rd level support for all related technology components in the Asia Pacific region environment. Third level support will kick in when 1st and 2nd line cannot resolve the issue directly an arbitrary threshold is after 2 hour.
• Ensure the environment meet the security and technical standards mandated by the firm and where applicable the supplier.
• Apply system upgrades as required by local requirements and global standards
• Recommend system updates and changes.
• Provide subject matter expertise for local and global projects
• Create users tip sheets for use by 1st and 2nd level teams.
• Provide training to 1st and 2nd level teams on new systems
• Work with change management to ensure changes are correctly managed and controlled
• Maintain the infrastructure testing environment
• Create and maintain test script, back out plans and upgrade instructions for systems. Ensure that the teams using these are briefed on them and understand them. At times the spoke IT Manager may be required to undertake the upgrade work.
• Ensure the reliability and availability of any infrastructure DR and backup systems within the region
• Assist with office expansions where there will be an impact on back office systems
Communication, planning and reporting:
• Providing regular reports/updates to the System and Storage Manager, and Regional Infrastructure Manager
• Participate in infrastructure team meetings as required
• Hold regular meetings as required to support the activities of the team
• Pro-actively promote ideas to improve the IT service.
Skills and Qualifications
• Good knowledge of System and Storage
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems such as Exchange 2010, Windows 2008/2012
• Hands on experience on VMWare and corresponding products such as Site Recovery Manager, vCenter, vMotion etc.
• Experience of Server hardware such as rack mount servers, Blade Chassis, VirtualConnect and corresponding Fibre and Network Cabling technology.
• Hands on experience of EMC SAN such as zoning, partitioning, and associated DR technology
• Excellent knowledge to manage CommVault backup software and EMC Data Domain backup infrastructure
• Good understanding of TCP/IP networks
• Knowledge of ITIL
• Ability to work as a team member to bring value to the team
• Totally service orientated
• Good communications skills
• Ability to exploit IT for business benefit
• Good skills in procedure development and implementation
• Good interpersonal skills
• Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Visio
• Good planning and organizing skills
• Discretion and reliability
• At least 5 years experience in a similar role
Email CV to
with role title in subject line.