Helpdesk Manager, Financial IT
Location: Hong Kong, Central
Salary: HKD $30-40K
Company: Financial IT Services Provider
About the company
Our client is an internationally established consultancy that provides IT infrastructure services to hedgefunds, brokerages and banks. We are currently looking for an experienced Helpdesk Manager to oversee the Asia Pacific support operations, based in Hong Kong.
- Lead the Helpdesk team to including first line support service, keep track and manage user service request status and the related activities
- Act as process owner of Incident Management, Problem Management and Service Level Management, which “Incident” and “Problem” are interchangeable terms in this position
- Prepare periodic major tickets incident report analysis, drive for incident solution, identify problem root cause, preventive action, improvement plan, and produce incident management report
- Create and refine problem management service against ITIL framework
- Create and refine service level measurement mechanism, upcoming implementations and documentations
- Evaluate the work activity ensuring service levels are being met
- Monitor key performance indicators such as First Call Resolution, Customer Satisfaction and SLA
- Accountable for maintaining core competencies of the HD team
- Perform daily-weekly-monthly metric reporting around routine evaluations of the Helpdesk staff to ensure team is knowledgeable on the core competencies
- Act as a point of escalation for Incident and Service Request tickets
- Ensures the successful operation of the Helpdesk.
- Responsible for employee resources: determines workload, delegates assignments, promotes career development, and evaluates performance, skill growth, competency growth, performance goals.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of employees providing IT customer support services, including all trouble reports and service requests received by IT Helpdesk, distributing calls, creating/managing escalation procedures, and ensuring service levels are maintained.
- Adjusts staffing levels and conducts regular staff scheduling procedures
- Manage all Priority 1 & 2 outages to ensure accuracy and SLA
- Performs monthly reporting to management utilizing defined reporting templates.
- Responsible for making hiring recommendations, performance evaluations, motivating employees, overall performance and training of technical and Helpdesk phone support staff.
- Provides training and ramp-up to new employees to ensure success on live phone calls.
- Provides guidance to helpdesk team to ensure compliance with defined policies and procedures.
- Monitors Helpdesk calls to observe employee demeanour, technical accuracy, and conformity to company policies and Helpdesk procedures.
- Compiles work volume statistics for accounting and trending purposes and for records of customer service requests and complaints.
- Performs regular QA reviews of all cases and phone calls to monitor work of all technicians as a performance review mechanism.
- Performs satisfaction surveys and develops action plans to address areas needing improvement.
- Analyzes performance of team activities and documented solutions, identifies problem areas, devises and delivers solutions to enhance quality of service and works to prevent future problems or repeat issues.
2010 - present
2010 - present
Minimum 5 years related experience in a Helpdesk environment
- Minimum 2 years in a supervisory position.
- Good communication, presentable, proactive, detail-minded, flexible and mature
- Good English writing skill report and operation manuals
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Energetic, hands-on, enthusiastic, results-oriented individual, capable of adding significant value to the existing management team, as well as formulating and implementing strategic solutions.
- Ability to coach employees in order for them to understand how their actions impact the customer
- Able to effectively interact with all levels of the organization
- University graduate in Information Technology (or) Computer Science
- Hands on experience on the leading position of Helpdesk Service
- Familiar with ITIL / ITSM process and workflow design
- Good management skill in operation environment, and able to create positive and professional business relationship with internal and external clients.
Email CV to
with role title in subject line.